2012年6月12日 星期二

Sideway Stories From Wayside School

2012.6.16


這本比一般小說好讀很多。裡面是三十個小故事,發生在一個瘋狂的學校,每一篇都以一個人為主角,每個學生的個性鮮明,風格比較像輕鬆小品,是很可愛的一本書。不過我覺得最厲害的是它用彩色的幻想帶到的一滴滴黑色幽默的影子。它會讓你哈哈大笑地同時想起一些別的事。
"
Louis sat in the middle of the room,and all the children gathered around.
Louis began his story."This is a story about a school very much like this one.But before we started,there's something you ought to know so that you don't get confused.In this school every classroom is on the same story."
"Which one , the eighteenth?" asked Jenny.
"No,said Louis. They are all on the ground.The school is only one story high."
"Not much of a school."laughed Dameon.
Louis continued."Now you may think the children there are strange and silly.That is probably true .However, when I told them stories about you, they thought that you were strange and silly."
"US?"The children answered."How are we strange?"
"I'm normal,"said Stephen."Aren't I?"
"As normal as I am,"Joe assured him.
"The children at that school must be crazy." said Leslie.
"Real lulus,"Maurecia agreed.
"Tell us about them,Louis,"Bebe demanded.
"For one thing,"Louis said,"none of these children has ever been turned into an apple."
"That's silly," said Deedee."Everybody's been turned into an apple.It's part of growing up."
Louis continued."Dead rats don't walked into classrooms wearing raincoats."
"What do they wear, tuxedos?"asked Todd.
"And girls never try to sell their toes,"Louis added.
"Well,no wander,"said Leslie,"at today's prices."
Louis continued."They don'ttrade names or read upside down.They can't turn mosquito bites into numbers.They don't count the hairs on their heads.The walls don't laugh,and two plus two always equals four."
"How horrible,"said Dameon
"That's not the worst of it,"said Louis."They have never tasted Maurecia-flavored ice cream."
A hush fell over the classroom.
"Mrs.Jewls,I'm scared,"said Allison."Is there really a school like that?"
"Of course not,"said Mrs.Jewls."Louis was just telling a story."
"It was a good story,"said Leslie.
"I thought it was stupid,"said Kathy.
"I liked it,"said Rondi."It was funny."
Mrs.Jewls said,"Louis,it was a very entertaining story.But we don't really go in for fairy tales here.I'm trying to teach my class the truth."
"That's all right,"said Louis."I have to go down to room twenty-nine now to tell them a story."He started out the door.
"Class,"said Mrs.Jewls."Let's all thank Louis for his wonderful story."
Everybody booed.
 "

沒有留言:

張貼留言